Santa Snicker Surprise Cookies
1 cbutter, softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cpeanut butter, creamy
1 tspvanilla extract
3 1/2 call purpose flour, sifted
1 tspbaking soda
2 pkgsnickers miniature candy, (13 oz)
1/4 cpowdered sugar, sifted
2 ozchocolate bark candy coating, melted
How to Make Santa Snicker Surprise Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat until smooth & creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, and combine with baking soda and salt.
Add dry ingredients slowly to the peanut butter mixture. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Cover dough and chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap miniature snicker candy. Set aside.
Use one tablespoon of dough and form in a ball. (Each ball should be about 1.5 inches in diameter) Flatten the ball, place a candy in the center and wrap dough around it, pinching as necessary. Be sure the candy is completely covered. Roll back into a ball. Repeat with each piece of candy and dough ball.
Place dough balls with candy on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Space cookies about 3 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. If you want crunchier cookies, bake about 5 min more. Allow cookies to cool about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow cookies to cool. When all cookies are baked and cooled, place them close together on waxed paper or parchment paper on a large work surface. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
Melt chocolate with 1/2 tsp shortening for about a minute in microwave. Stir, add additional time if needed to thoroughly melt.
Immediately drizzle chocolate over cookies. ( I use a spoon and move quickly back and forth over the cookies to create smaller drizzle marks.). Let chocolate set before storing.