Salted Caramel Glazed Reindeer Shortbread cookies
The salted caramel candy discs were a new product this year. Keep the coating thin so it doesn't over power the delicate shortbread.
- 3 stick
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 11 1/2 oz
- package salted caramel chocolate candy discs
- 1 pkg
- small candy eyes
- 1 tube(s)
- red frosting
- 1 tube(s)
- black frosting
How to Make Salted Caramel Glazed Reindeer Shortbread cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined. Add the vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes
- 3Roll the dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with a 3 inch gingerbread man shaped cutter. Place the cookies on an parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature
- 4When the cookies are cool, place them on a baking sheet lined with a new parchment paper.
Put chocolate /caramel in a glass bowl and microwave on high power for 30 seconds. (Don't trust your microwave timer; time it with your watch.) Stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to heat and stir in 30-second increments until the chocolate is just melted. Allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it's completely smooth. Stir vigorously until the chocolate is smooth and slightly cooled; stirring makes it glossier.
- 5Spread each cookie with just enough chocolate to coat it /
Decorate to make face. Yield – about 36