Safe-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (a few people have found this to be too much; if you want, just add a pinch and increase to taste. i add the full 1/2 teaspoon and enjoy it!)
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract (again, you might want to add this a teaspoon at a time to taste. i add the full tablespoon and enjoy it!)
- 1 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Safe-to-Eat Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- 3Add water one tablespoon at a time (stirring between each) until the dough reaches cookie dough consistency.
Scientisty types have also found that raw flour — just like produce — can carry E.coli if it’s been contaminated with it. This article suggests that the risk is even smaller than the tiny risk of getting Salmonella from eating cookie dough with raw eggs, but it’s still there and I wanted you to know about it. At least eggless cookie dough is safer — and no reason to waste the eggs when you just want to eat it with a spoon, right?!