Pineapple Crumble Bars
Anthony Nicometi Jr1
I made these for my friends parents, and snuck them into their bags before they left for their honeymoon. And they RAVED about them. So I hope you enjoy these!!!
P.S. This works with any preserves / jam. So change it up!!! :)
Pic credit: www.aFewShortcuts.com
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 2 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 10 -12 oz
- pineapple jam or preserves
- dough (refer to recipe)
- fruitless granola (usually found in the bulk section)
How to Make Pineapple Crumble Bars
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
- 2Sift the flour and salt together and mix. Then add to the butter mixture, mixing until it almost comes together in a ball. Turn the dough out on a board. Lightly pat two-thirds (Reserving 1/3 of the dough) of the dough evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan.
Spread with the jam. Then, Mix the granola into the remaining dough with your hands. Break the dough into small bits and distribute it on top of the jam, covering most of the surface.
- 3Bake bars for about 45 mins at 350. or until lightly browned.
- 4Cool for about 2 hours, then cut into 6 bars (or smaller if preferred. And enjoy!! :)