☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbpine nuts, left whole
8 ozalmond paste (can)
2egg whites, slightly beaten
1 Tbsplemon extract
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1/4 call purpose flour
·pinch of salt
How to Make Pignoli Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Put pine nuts in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, blend almond paste with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add egg whites and lemon extract to almond paste, beat until well blended and smooth.
- Sift together the 2 sugars, flour & salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the egg mixture, with mixer on low speed. Dough should be slightly sticky.
- With wet hands roll dough into walnut size balls.
- Flatten slightly & press dough into pine nuts (one side of the cookie only)
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart, pine nuts up.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven & cool on a rack. Store in a covered container.