☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- pine nuts, left whole
- 8 oz
- almond paste (can)
- egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon extract
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
How to Make Pignoli Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- 3Put pine nuts in a bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend almond paste with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 5Add egg whites and lemon extract to almond paste, beat until well blended and smooth.
- 6Sift together the 2 sugars, flour & salt.
- 7Slowly add flour mixture to the egg mixture, with mixer on low speed. Dough should be slightly sticky.
- 8With wet hands roll dough into walnut size balls.
- 9Flatten slightly & press dough into pine nuts (one side of the cookie only)
- 10Place cookies on greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart, pine nuts up.
- 11Bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven & cool on a rack. Store in a covered container.