☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspalmond extract
4-6 dash(es)lemon oil
1 calmond flour
2 largeegg whites
3 cpine nuts ( pignoli )
How to Make Pignoli Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325* F. Lightly grease ( or line with parchment ) baking sheets.
- Break the marzipan in pieces into a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt, flavorings, and almond flour; the mixture will be crumbly. Add the egg whites, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the pine nuts in a shallow dish. Using a teaspoon cookie scoop, or your lightly oiled or wet hands, drop 1-inch balls of dough into the pine nuts, rolling and pressing gently to coat them thoroughly. You may also simply grab a handful of pine nuts and roll the dough between your palms, pressing in pine nuts as you go; the point is to cover the dough with nuts.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 1 inch between them.
- Bake the cookies for 22 to 24 minutes, until they're lightly browned. Cool them on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.