Persian Chickpea Flour Cookies (Nan-E Nokhochi )
How to Make Persian Chickpea Flour Cookies (Nan-E Nokhochi )
- 1Beat butter & powdered sugar together until creamy.
- 2Add egg yolk & cardamom.
- 3With your hands knead in the chickpea flour until smooth.
- 4This dough is very "short" and needs to be well kneaded. For an even "shorter" dough, omit the egg yolk.
- 5Pinch off tiny pieces of dough about the size of hazelnuts and roll them into balls between the palms of your hands.
- 6Decorate the tops of the cookies by pricking them with the tines of a fork or by pressing the back of the tines horizontally onto the cookies.
- 7Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a slow oven (300F) for about 30 minutes.