Peppermint Spritz Christmas Cookie
"Spritz" cookie press cookie,but with a hint of peppermint flavor! They're a nice and pretty addition to any cookie tray!!We often bake other cookies while this dough is chilling,so the hour or so passes quickly!And I often make several doughs up to a wk or ahead,wrap in Saran Wrap and take it out to bake when we want!Saves time!Enjoy!
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) butter,room temp.
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- peppermint extract
- 2 1/4 c
- flour.can add 1 xtra tb,no more, to help make it easier to handle later
- **if desired,green and red food coloring/sprinkles to decorate
How to Make Peppermint Spritz Christmas Cookie
- 1Cream butter,gradually add in sugar and continue beating until blended.Beat in the egg and the extract.Mix all together.
- 2Gradually add flour to the creamed mixture.Add food coloring if you wish(sometimes I separate dough into halves and make half one color and one half another)or can leave as is and just sprinkle w colored sugar.
- 3Chill in frig at least 1 hour.
Oven to 350 degrees when you are ready to bake them.
- 4Remove from frig.
Using a cookie press,place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Decorate as desired.
Bake for 8-10 min's **watching after 8 min** as they brown quickly.