1 stickunsalted butter at room temperature
2 Tbspsuperfine sugar
1 ccoarsely ground pecans
1 Tbspgood vanilla extract
1 c(about) confectioner's sugar
How to Make PECAN BALLS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and superfine sugar until light. Gradually add the flour, ground pecans and vanilla, and mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls, and put 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges just turn a very light golden brown.
- Gently remove the cookies from the baking sheet and put on a cake rack to cool completely. Don't get too excited about this step or the cookies will crumble.
- Put the confectioner's sugar in a flatish bowl. When cool, roll each cookie in the confectioner's sugar.
- Depending on the size of the pecan balls, you should get 28-30 balls per batch.