Orange Sugar-Crusted Cranberry Shortbread Bites
Diane Hopson Smith
A perfect little bite of something not too sweet to go with a cup of tea, coffee or cocoa.
Also, these make a nice gift.
Hope you enjoy!
Inspired from Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook
- 1 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh
- 1/4 c
- craisins, chopped
- 1/4 c
- chocolate chips, mini
- 1/2 c
- zest of one orange, about 1/2 tbsp
How to Make Orange Sugar-Crusted Cranberry Shortbread Bites
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees. Line an 8 X 8-inch baking pan with foil; lightly grease and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon sugar on bottom.
- 2Beat butter at medium speed until creamy; add powdered sugar and mix well.
- 3Mix flour and salt together and gradually add to sugar mixture; add orange juice and mix well.
- 4Stir craisins and chocolate chips into batter by hand.
- 5Press dough in to prepared foil lined baking pan. Bake for 40 to 43 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven and cool for about 25 to 30 minutes just until slightly warm.
- 6Combine sugar with orange zest and mix well. Using foil, lift shortbread from pan and place on cutting board. Cut shortbread into 1 inch cubes and roll gently in orange sugar mixture to form a crust. Allow these cubes to air dry for several hours.
- 7NOTE: when cutting cubes handle with care, the outer edge is dryer and will crumble if not careful.