Orange Slice Cookies
1 cpacked brown sugar
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
2 cquick cooking rolled oats
2 c(12 oz.) candy orange slices
1 cflaked coconut
How to Make Orange Slice Cookies
- Cut orange slices into pieces. The easiest way is to snip them with kitchen shears.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar and shortening until until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture mixing well.
- stir in candy and coconut.
- Using about 1 Tbsp. mixture for each, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from sheet and cool on a wire rack.