Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Adapted from Quaker Oats)
1/2 cbutter softened, plus 6 tablespoons
3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cgrandulated sugar
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspsalt (optional)
3 cquaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Adapted from Quaker Oats)
- In large bowl, beat butter, brown & granulated sugars with mixer on medium speed until creamy. (Butter should be room temperature). Also, I used light brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. (large eggs)
Bring eggs to room temperature.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt mix well
- Add oatmeal & raisins mix well
- Drop dough by round tablespoon on increased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered. Makes about 4 dozen.
- Cookies can be made as Bar Cookies
Using a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown, Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 bars.