Oatmeal Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 pkgbacon, uncooked
1/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
2 Tbspdark molasses
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 stickbutter, softened
1 stickmargarine, softened
4 cquick cooking oats
3 call-purpose flour
2 tspvanilla extract
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 bag(s)dark chocolate chips
How to Make Oatmeal Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lets start off with making the candied bacon first. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Have a dish with the brown sugar in it, place the strips of bacon in the dish and mix around to get it nicely coated.
- Take the 2 Tbsp of dark molasses and drizzle it on the bacon in the dish and then proceed in mixing the bacon around
- Place bacon on cooking rack that you would have over a cooky sheet. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Sit the bacon strips on a brown paper bag to soak up an excess grease. Once desired grease is off, place on parchment paper and place in fridge.
- Now the Oatmeal chocolate chip cooky mix. Preheat oven to 350°F. For me, I use old style dark cooky sheets so I set mine to 325°F.
- In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended.
- Stir in vanilla and egg until light and creamy.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips
- Cut up the cooled candied bacon strips into small pieces. Place into bowl, and stir until well blended.
- On parchment covered cooky sheet, drop dollops of dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookies sit for a couple of minutes to cool some, then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.