☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 ozchopped pitted dates
1 1/2 corange juice
2 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 csoft butter (3 sticks)
1 1/2 cshredded coconut
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Nancy Dunn Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the dates and the orange juice; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
Cut in the softened butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the oats, 1 cup coconut, and nuts; mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan. Measure out 4 cups of the oat mixture and set aside.
Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. Spread the date mixture evenly over the crust to within 1/4" of the edges. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the dates, then sprinkle the 1/2 cup of coconut on the top; pat down gently.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.