Mom's Apple & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
You can alternatively make fewer biscuits. Mix together a half jar of 6 oz Baby Food Applesauce with a 4 oz jar of Baby Food Strained carrots, sweet potato or squash. Add 1/2 cup rolled oats & let sit for 10 minutes. Add 1 beaten egg with 1 tsp vanilla. Mix in enough flour to make a dough consistent with cookie dough. Use about 1 to 1 1/2 cups flour.
6 ozbaby food appplesauce jar
8 ozbaby food sweet potato (two 4 ounce jars)
1 crolled oats
MIX APPLESAUCE, SWEET POTATO & OATS- LETS SET 10-20 MINS UNTIL OATS GET SOFT
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
I HAVE MADE THIS WITH 1 EGG. YET ONE COULD USE 2 EGGS.
* ELIMINATE EGG IF PET IS ALLERGIC TO EGGS.
2 call purpose flour
MAY SUBSTITUTE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR W/ 1 CUP RYE & 1 CUP WHEAT FLOUR.
MAY ADD 1/2 CUP MORE FLOUR IF NECESSARY.
How to Make Mom's Apple & Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
- Mix 6 oz baby food applesauce, two 4 oz jars of baby food sweet potato and 1 cup rolled oats.
- Let set for 10 to 20 minutes until oats get soft.
- Beat 1 egg & 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with fork or wisk.
If using Kitchen Aid Type Planetary Mixer, mix at speed 1 using flat beater.
- Change to Dough Hook.
Slowly add flour & mix at speed 1.
Knead for a few minutes at speed 1 - 2.
Add more flour if necessary.
- Put flour on surface or use parchment paper.
For large dogs: Roll out 1/2 inch thick
For small dogs: Roll out 1/4 inch thick
- Cut out with dog bone cutter or cookie cutter. Use large bone cutter for large dogs & small bone cutter for small dogs.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
For 1/4 inch thick small bicuits Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until brown & crispy.
For 1/2 inch thick larger biscuits You might need to bake for 40 minutes.