Mixed Nut Turtle Cookies
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- egg yolk
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- mixed nuts (about 9-10 oz) i used peanuts, almonds, pecans and cashews
- 1 1/2 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Mixed Nut Turtle Cookies
- 1Cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- 2Add egg yolk and vanilla. Beat well.
- 3Add flour and stir just until blend.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown. (My cookies took about 14 minutes)
- 7After taking the cookies from the oven, cool one minute, then remove to a rack and cool completely.
- 8Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. (Place chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time until melted) Spoon a heaping teaspoon onto the center of the cookie and spread out over the nuts a bit. (It the chocolate gets too stiff to work with, reheat.)
- 9Let set. (If you prefer, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of shortening to the chips while melting. It makes it easier to pour off of the spoon. It does take longer to set.)