- 1 c
- butter softened
- 1/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tsp
- real maple flavoring/extract
- 1/2 pkg
- cream cheese, softened (optional) i make it with and without.
- red & green food coloring (for christmas)
How to Make maple cream meltaways
- 1Combine butter, cream ,flour.
mix well, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hrs. or til dough is easy to handle.
- 2remove about 1/3 chilled dough, let sit at room temp for about 10 min. then roll out on floured surface 1 /8 in. thick and cut w/1 1/2 " round cookie cutter (or you may use a design if you want).
- 3place cutout in plate filled with sugar, turn to coat and put on ungreased cookie sheet and prick w/fork a few times. bake 375 for 7-10 minutes remove and cool.
- 4for filling: cream butter & confectioners sugar and add maple flavoring/extract. if making with cream cheese, add that to ingredients and tint w/food coloring (if for Christmas)then just cover 1/2 cookie with filling and top with other half.
- 5Note: these cookies are like layers of pastry. be gentle when frosting them and enjoy!