Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Is there anyone who doesn’t like Oreos and M & M's? I hope not.
These bars came to be because I was preparing to move and in an effort to clean out my pantry, I started grabbing things that looked like they’d work together.
- 2 stick
- butter, melted
- 2 large
- 2 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 c
- m & m's, or more
How to Make Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- 3Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- 4Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't over-mix.
- 5Stir in the Oreo's
- 6Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- 7Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or a spatula.
- 8Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until done based on add-ins used.
- 9Top should be set and edges slightly firm.
- 10A toothpick inserted in the center (if you can find a bare patch to test) should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- 11Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 12Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.