Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Is there anyone who doesn’t like Oreos and M & M's? I hope not.
These bars came to be because I was preparing to move and in an effort to clean out my pantry, I started grabbing things that looked like they’d work together.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 stickbutter, melted
2 clight brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsppure vanilla extract
2 call-purpose flour
36oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
1 cm & m's, or more
How to Make Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't over-mix.
- Stir in the Oreo's
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or a spatula.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until done based on add-ins used.
- Top should be set and edges slightly firm.
- A toothpick inserted in the center (if you can find a bare patch to test) should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.