Lemony Lemon Cookies
This is the original recipe but I have also made this substituting orange and lime for the lemon.
I am thinking about trying it with grapefruit next time.
- 1-1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- granulated white sugar
- 1/8 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp
- fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter (1 stick)
- turbinado sugar
- extra fresh lemon juice
How to Make Lemony Lemon Cookies
- 1Preheat your oven to 350*
- 2Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3In medium mixing bowl mix white sugar, brown sugar and lemon zest until thoroughly blended.
Add butter and mix until light and fluffy.
Mix in egg and lemon juice until mixture is well incorporated.
Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- 4Make dough into balls about 1" in size.
Put turbinado sugar into small dish. Put extra lemon juice into small dish.
Dip one end of the cookie ball into the lemon juice and then into the turbinado sugar. Place unsugared side onto baking sheet lined with sil pat or parchment paper, about an inch apart. Press down lightly.
- 5Bake until light golden brown - about 14 minutes.
Let cool on sheets on wire racks for about 5 minutes then remove from baking sheet.