Lemon Sugar Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest, grated
- 2 large
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp
- sugar, for rolling
How to Make Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and add vanilla extract.
- 4Gradually mix in the flour mixture at low speed. Scrape down sides as needed.
I like to chill the dough for about an hour. Although, it's not necessary.
- 5Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl for rolling.
Shape into 1-inch balls, roll or just dab the tops with the sugar. Place on baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set. I usually bake for 8 min.
Cool on the pan for a minute, and then transfer them to cool on a wire rack.