Lemon Sugar Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 cbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbsplemon zest, grated
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2-3 Tbspsugar, for rolling
How to Make Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and add vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture at low speed. Scrape down sides as needed.
I like to chill the dough for about an hour. Although, it's not necessary.
- Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl for rolling.
Shape into 1-inch balls, roll or just dab the tops with the sugar. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set. I usually bake for 8 min.
Cool on the pan for a minute, and then transfer them to cool on a wire rack.