Lemon Snowdrop Cookies
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 tsplemon zest
1 tsplemon juice
1large egg, slightly beaten
1 Tbsplemon zest
3 Tbsplemon juice
1 1/2 Tbspsoftened butter
How to Make Lemon Snowdrop Cookies
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, egg, lemon zest, juice and butter for filling. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, lemon zest and juice for cookies, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour and salt, beating until combined.
- Using a 1 teaspoon measure, roll dough into balls.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Cool.
- Spread half of cookies with filling. Top with remaining cookies.
Roll in powdered sugar.