☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- zested lemon
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- sifted icing sugar
- 1-1/2 c
- sifted all purpose flour
How to Make Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
- 1Wash lemon. With a rasp or fine grater, grate the peel from 1/2 of a lemon. Finely chop rosemary to obtain 2 tablespoons. Sift icing sugar and flour together. Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- 2Place softened butter in medium size bowl. Cream the lemon zest and rosemary with the butter. Add half of the sugar/flour mixture, creaming into butter until incorporated. Repeat with remaining mixture. Dough should be crumbly. Gather together to make a ball.
- 3On a lightly floured surface and rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes. (It's best to cut into basic shapes, as shapes with thin pieces will darken and possibly burn. I use a small wine glass) Place on ungreased cookie sheet (or parchment lined). All 24 will fit on one cookie sheet. Place on the middle rack and bake for approximately 13-16 minutes. Just until they are lightly browned on the bottom. Cool on rack. Keep in air-tight container up to 5 days (if they make it that long!) Enjoy with tea or coffee.