Lemony Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Squares
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 Tbspgrated lemon zest
2 stickbutter, softened
1-1/3 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
2-1/2 coats (not instant)
1 cchopped walnuts, slightly toasted
How to Make Lemony Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Squares
- HEAT oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan; set aside.
- In saucepan, COMBINE raisins, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon rind. Cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly. Cool slightly.
- In bowl, COMBINE butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat well.
- ADD flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and walnuts.
- RESERVE 2 cups oat mixture for topping. PRESS remaining mixture into prepared pan.
- SPREAD raisin mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. SPRINKLE with reserved oat mixture; press lightly.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 48 squares (or the size you prefer them to be).