Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- 3/4 c
- butter, unsalted, room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar
- lemons; zest, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/4 tsp
- coarse salt
How to Make Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- 1In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix butter and 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar on medium speed, until pale and fluffy. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- 2Whisk together, flour, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. Add to butter mixer on low speed until just combined.
- 3Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll in parchment to form a log 1-1/4 inches in diameter. Refrigerate logs until cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 F. Remove parchment from logs; cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5Bake cookies until barely golden, about 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool slighly.
While cookies are still warm toss with the remaining 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar.
Store in air tight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.