Lemon Meltaway Cookies
3/4 cbutter, unsalted, room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
1 cconfectioners' sugar
2lemons; zest, finely grated
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cplus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tbspcorn starch
1/4 tspcoarse salt
How to Make Lemon Meltaway Cookies
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix butter and 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar on medium speed, until pale and fluffy. Add lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
- Whisk together, flour, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. Add to butter mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of parchment paper. Roll in parchment to form a log 1-1/4 inches in diameter. Refrigerate logs until cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Remove parchment from logs; cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until barely golden, about 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool slighly.
While cookies are still warm toss with the remaining 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar.
Store in air tight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.