Lemon Melt Away Cookies
1 csoft butter, unsalted (2 cubes)
1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
4 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
2 1/3 call purpose flour
3 Tbspcorn starch
3/4 cpowdered sugar for dusting
How to Make Lemon Melt Away Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl combine flour, cornstarch and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar till light and fluffy. Add lemon zest and juice and vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture in 4 additions to the butter mixture. Beating together on low till completely blended in.
- Scoop dough into 1" balls, place on baking sheet and press down with with glass that is dusted lightly with powdered sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, they should just start to brown on the edges.
- Using a strainer lightly dust with powdered sugar. Now all you need is a cup of tea and just enjoy your cookies!