8 ozbuter - softened
2 1/4 ozicing sugar (confectioner's)
1 tsplemon juice
·zest of one lemon
7 ozplain flour (all purpose)
2 1/4 ozcornflour (corn starch)
3 ozbutter - very soft
8 ozicing sugar (confectioner's)
1 Tbspwarm milk
How to Make Lemon Clouds
- Tips: Put baking tray in fridge to cool before mix dough Between batches wash and dry baking tray and place in freezer for about 5 minutes.
Any biscuits that do not press correctly pick up the dough and add back into spare dough. After each loading of the press do a couple of practice presses straight into bowl with dough in and then scrap excess dough from bottom of press with spatula.
If you do not have a cookie press use a piping bag / tube and rosette nozzle.
- Pre-heat oven to 175C. Using electric hand held mixer cream butter until smooth and paler in colour. Add sugar, lemon juice and zest and mix until smooth.
- Sift together flour and cornflour, add to butter and combine well until it forms a very soft dough.
- To make the icing (frosting): Using electric hand held mixer cream butter until smooth and paler in colour. Add lemon curd and milk, mix until smooth. Add icing sugar a little at a time and mix well.
- Sandwich the biscuits together and enjoy.