- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- grated peel of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp
- beaten egg
- strawberry, apricot, peach or any other perserves that you like
- confectioners sugar, optional
How to Make Jam Turnover Cookies
- 1Place flour on pastry board. Make a well in the center.
Put butter, sugar, 2 eggs, (grated lemon rind) and salt into the well. Work the flour mixture gently with your hands and form into a ball.
- 2Cover with clean towel and let rest for 1 hour.
With rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut out 3" circles (I use a drinking glass for this).
- 3In the center of each circle of dough, place 1/2 tsp. of preserves then fold dough in half and crimp with fork to close edges. Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve.
- 5Optional: after removing cookies from oven you can sprinkle them with confectioner sugar...I never do but the recipe offers this option.