☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
3/4 cbutter, softened
·grated peel of 1 lemon (optional)
·strawberry, apricot, peach or any other perserves that you like
·confectioners sugar, optional
How to Make Jam Turnover Cookies
- Place flour on pastry board. Make a well in the center.
Put butter, sugar, 2 eggs, (grated lemon rind) and salt into the well. Work the flour mixture gently with your hands and form into a ball.
- Cover with clean towel and let rest for 1 hour.
With rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut out 3" circles (I use a drinking glass for this).
- In the center of each circle of dough, place 1/2 tsp. of preserves then fold dough in half and crimp with fork to close edges. Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve.
- Optional: after removing cookies from oven you can sprinkle them with confectioner sugar...I never do but the recipe offers this option.