Irish Cream Chocolate Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you're a fan of Irish cream, then you'll be a fan of these cookies! The chocolate and Irish Cream in the cookies is great. But, then topped with an Irish cream frosting and melted chocolate... my oh my! Definitely an adults only treat. The Test Kitchen
1 sticksoft butter
1/2 ccaster sugar
2 TbspIrish cream
1/4 tsppure vanilla extract
2 1/4 call purpose flour (plain flour)
2 Tbspcocoa powder
1 1/4 cicing sugar
3 TbspIrish cream
·some plain choc melted for drizzling
How to Make Irish Cream Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with grease proof paper.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg and 2 tbsp of Irish cream and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until you have a soft dough. Roll out to about 5mm thick. Cut out circles with a fluted cookie cutter and bake for 10 -12 mins or until golden. Leave on a wire rack to crisp up.
- While cookies are cooling, make the icing. Put icing sugar in a bowl and add 3 tbsp of Irish cream. Make sure icing is not too runny (add more icing sugar if necessary.
- Place a blob of icing on each cookie and drizzle with melted chocolate.