~ Iced Lemon Drop Cookies ~
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- food coloring, i added about 7 drops
- 1 c
- sour milk or buttermilk ( i used buttermilk )
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- lemon extract - i used 2 1/2
- 3 - 4 c
- flour - i used about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 Tbsp
- softened butter
- 3 1/2 c
- confectioner's sugar
- lemon, juiced and the zezt of the lemon
- if needs
- more thinning, i add a little milk or cream
MY LEMON GLAZE
How to Make ~ Iced Lemon Drop Cookies ~
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
In a bowl, combine sugar, shortening, salt and food coloring. Blend thoroughly.
Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
I lightly floured a surface on my counter to roll the cookies and cut with a biscuit cutter. Recipe states to just roll small portions at a time. Like I said in description of recipe, I got lazy and made drop cookies as well, using my small cookie scoop ( about 1 tbsp. )
I sprayed a sheet pan, it didn't call for that, but I always do. Place on sheet, about 1 inch apart. Recipe states to sprinkle with sugar if desired. I didn't, as I used my lemon glaze.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove cookies from pan, cool on rack and frost if desired. I think the addition of my glaze really put these over the top.