Hot Fudge Sundae Sugar Cookie Cups
Last time they said something with ice cream. So this is what I've come up with...And these are soooooo easy.
The base are simple sugar cookies. NO chilling required (yes!) and NO rolling needed (double yes!) You press the dough into mini muffin pan and up the sides, what you end up with are little cups. The cups are filled with caramel, topped with ice cream and whatever they want. Easy Peesy!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
SUGAR COOKIE CUPS
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbutter, at room temperature (not melted)
1 largeegg yolk, at room temperature, (reserve whites for another recipe)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1 1/4 call-purpose white flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1/3 cheavy whipping cream (not whipped)
3/4 tsppure vanilla extract
·vanilla ice cream
·miniature chocolate chips
·crushed up candy bars
·mini chocolate candies
·more caramel sauce.
How to Make Hot Fudge Sundae Sugar Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a miniature muffin tin.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk (must be a large egg yolk), vanilla, and almond extract
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients.
- If the dough is too wet, add more flour (a tablespoon at a time) until the dough pulls away from the sides.
- Roll balls of dough that will fill the miniature muffin tin 3/4ths the way full.
- Press into the muffin tin and slightly indent the center and press the dough up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove and press the centers down deeply with a teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes and then gently twist the top until the cookie comes out.
- Let cool completely. (Put in the freezer if you want to serve these immediately)
- Caramel Sauce:
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter and brown sugar.
- Stir until the butter is completely melted and the brown sugar is well combined.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and continue to stir until completely combined. Add in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat (it will thicken as it cools) and place in a resealable container in the fridge.
- Putting it together:
Fill the cooled cookies with the cooled caramel.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out ice cream and place it on top of the cooled caramel.
- Garnish your cookie cups as desired.