Holly Berry Cookies
How to Make Holly Berry Cookies
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper; then set sheets aside.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, add the butter. (I used a 5-quart Teflon coated Dutch oven.)
- Melt the butter over low heat, then add the marshmallows; stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove kettle from heat, and add the vanilla extract and food coloring; stirring until the food coloring has blended well into the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Drop mixture, one heaping tablespoon at a time onto the wax paper; spacing them at least 1-inch apart, then decorate each with 2-3 red hots cinnamon candies (quickly before they set).
- Allow cookies to set on the wax paper for a few hours, so they will harden.
- To store cookies, place them in an air tight container with a lid.
- Note: When I display the cookies on a platter, I keep them intact on the wax paper. If giving cookies to others, I cut closely around the wax paper and cookies with a scissors. And when ready to eat the cookies, just peel off the wax paper.