Hazelnut Coconut Chocolate Biscotti
1 3/4 cflour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 ccocoa powder unsweetened
1 1/2 cchopped hazelnuts (toasted) or walnuts not toasted
3/4 csemi sweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 csweetened flaked coconut toasted
2 tsphot water
2 Tbspbutter melted
3/4 cchocolate chips-semi sweet or milk chocolate
How to Make Hazelnut Coconut Chocolate Biscotti
- heat oven to 350 and toast hazelnuts on sheet pan for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove from oven and put aside to cool.
Put the coconut on a sheet pan and toast for about 5 minutes as well. Watch coconut. You want it to be light golden in color. Coconut toasts up quickly.
- Whisk the sugar,cocoa,flour,salt,baking powder,and baking soda in a big bowl.Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl. Whisk the eggs,water,butter,and vanilla together. add to chocolate mixture.
Mix with hands until crumbly.
Add the chocolate chips,coconut,and cooled hazelnuts.
Put your hands in and mix to a moist ball.
It takes a little bit to get it to combine.
wash your hands,and Flour hands lightly. before handling the ball again to place and shape on pan before rolling.
- Roll ball in to a log about 16 inches long,1 inch thick,and 5 inches wide.Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut loaf in to 3/4-1 inch slices.
Place slices carefully on their sides.
Put back in the oven and bake 10 minutes.
Take out of oven and flip cookies over,and bake another 10 minutes.
For a crispier cookie bake 5 minutes longer on each side.or just cool after 10 minutes on each side.
They will harden up after they cool.)
- Take the pieces and line them up side by side as if putting the log back together.
Melt the chocolate chips with the shortening in a double boiler.
Stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the Biscotti top.
I place the chocolate in a plastic baggie and snip the corner to squeeze the drizzle over the top more evenly.
cool or refrigerate until chocolate sets.
Store in air tight container or freeze up to 2 months.