Grant's Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are not your run of the mill chocolate chip cookies. The balance of sweet and salty give them a unique flavor. To me, the taste is worth the extra effort.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cold fashioned oats
3 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspkosher salt (plus more for finishing)
1 1/4 c( 2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cpacked light-brown sugar
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 c( 1 small pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Grant's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor, process oats until they become a very coarse flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together processed oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix it with your hands (or a spoon) until the mixture becomes a light, fluffy mix.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars on MED-HIGH until light and fluffy., 6 minutes. Reduce speed to LOW, add the eggs and gradually increase the speed until you're on the highest setting. Reduce the speed back to LOW and add vanilla. Add in dry ingredients 1/4 cup at a time in 1 minute intervals. Once all of the dry ingredients are added, beat for a minute or two just to make sure the ingredients are very well-mixed. Turn off the mixer and remove the bowl from the stand mixer.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand to incorporate.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment-lined sheet tray using the medium sized scoop. Bake for 6 minutes, rotate the cookie sheet and bake for another 6 minutes or until golden brown on top but still slightly soft in the middle. Remove the trays from the oven on to cooling racks, do not remove cookies from tray. Sprinkle with a little extra salt and let cool on trays for 15-20 minutes before removing cookies from tray.
- ****Please note that cooking times may vary depending on your oven. When I made these, I needed to add 1-2 minutes extra baking time.