Granny Dee's Pumpkin Cookies
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 pkgkrusteaz pumpkin spice baking mix, sam's club seasonal?
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 pkg8oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cpumpkin cider, optional. aldi's seasonal?
1 can(s)15oz pumpkin
How to Make Granny Dee's Pumpkin Cookies
- Whisk the white cake mix and krusteaz pumpkin baking mix together to blend. Set aside.
- Beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs, cider and pumpkin, beat again until smooth. Add wet ingredients to the blended cake mix and stir well.
- Cover and chill cookie dough for 30 minutes or longer. Can be stored in the refrigerator for later use if making a small batch or can be frozen to keep even longer.
- Set oven at 350 deg. Grease baking sheets (Pam?).
- Scoop up 1 teaspoon of chilled cookie dough. With your finger or spatula drop dough into the bowl of powdered sugar (return this spoon to the cookie dough mix for next cookie).
- Using a clean teaspoon for powdered sugar cover the cookie dough as you gently roll the cookie dough around the interior of the bowl of powdered sugar (should form into a nice little ball about 11/2 - 2”). Coat with sugar 2 or 3 times.
Lift the sugar coated cookie up with the spoon or your fingers and set it onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat sugar coating process for each cookie.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 12 - 15 minutes. Longer (1 - 2 minutes) for crunchy exterior.
- Let cookies cool for a couple of minutes before removing them from the baking sheet. Don’t wait to long as they will stick firmly.