Grandma's Fruit Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The aroma is almost Christmas-like because of the cinnamon and cloves. The bars are sweet and spicy and the topping of a light confectioners icing is a nice touch. I think this would also be delicious served with whipped cream. I would take this to a potluck or even a bake sale! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Grandma's Fruit Bars
- 1Add baking soda to hot coffee. Set aside.
Using a regular size cookie sheet, spray with Pam baking spray.
- 2Cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- 3Add dry and liquid ingredients alternately.
- 4Add raisins. You can substitute dates or candied fruit. Add nuts and blend well.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees. Check with toothpick inserted in center. Cool completely. Frost when cool with confectioners frosting.