Glazed Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
- 1 pkg
- (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 c
- unsweetened dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 c
- dried cherries
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Glazed Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, stir cookie mix and cocoa. Add butter, egg and 1/2 teaspoon of the almond extract; stir until soft dough forms. Gently stir in cherries.
- 2Shape dough into 24 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove and cool on cooling rack completely, about 20 minutes.
- 3In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cookies.