This is my tweeked version of her gingernuts, which I've been making for 30 years.
How to Make Gingernuts
- 1Beat butter until it is creamy (soften in the microwave for 20 seconds if its hard). Add the sugar & cream together (about 3 minutes).
- 2Add golden syrup, egg & vanilla essence. Beat.
- 3Sift in flour, ginger & baking soda. Beat to combine.
- 4Use a 1 Tablespoon measure to scoop out dough & roll into balls.
Place on a lined baking sheet, 2" apart to allow for spreading.
Flatten with a fork (you want them about 1cm thick)
- 5Bake at 180C for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.