GIMME COCOA COOKIES
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspfinely ground sea salt
2 sticksalted butter, room temperature (16 tablespoons or 1 cup)
1/3 ccocoa powder, unsweetened
1 tspespresso powder
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 clight brown sugar
3/4 cgranulated sugar
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
4 ozpremium dark chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
How to Make GIMME COCOA COOKIES
- Into medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, using hand held electric mixer (use stand mixer if doubling recipe,) beat butter until fluffy; add cocoa powder, espresso powder and vanilla; beat well.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy; add eggs and beat well.
- Clean mixture from beaters and switch to large, sturdy spoon.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture until thoroughly combined; add chocolate chips and chocolate bar pieces; mix well; refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place oven racks in middlemost positions; preheat oven to 375°F; line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spoon dough, by rounded teaspoons full, onto prepared baking sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375°F for exactly 9 minutes per sheet.