Giant Glowing Pumpkin Cookies
- (16 1/2 ounce) package pillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- butterscotch candies, disk decorative candies, crushed
- hard cinnamon candies, disk decorative candies, crushed
How to Make Giant Glowing Pumpkin Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
Stir or knead in flour and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- 2On lightly floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness.
Refrigerate remaining half of dough until needed.
With small sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut out 4-inch pumpkin shapes.
On cookie sheets, place shapes 2 inches apart.
Cut out facial features from pumpkins.
- 3In small bowl, mix crushed candies.
Place 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy in center of each cut-out area in each cookie, making sure candy touches edges of cookie.
Do not mound candy in centers of cutouts.
- 4Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until edges of cookies are light golden brown, and candy is melted and fills cut-out areas of cookies.
Cool 2 to 5 minutes on cookie sheets or until candy is hardened.
Carefully remove cookies from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Cool completely, about 15 minutes.