Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
3eggs, well beaten
1stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbspanise extract
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1/2 cdried cranberries
How to Make Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl sift flour, baking pwder & salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beaten eggs, melted butter, sugar & vanilla & anise extracts.
- Blend flour into bowl with egg mixture, beat on low speed until smooth. Add more flour if dough is too soft.
- Remove dough from bowl onto floured counter.
- Gently knead dough, add flour if it is still too soft to handle. Knead in walnuts and cranberries.
- Cut dough into 3 parts, put dough on ungreased cookie sheet & form into 3 log shapes (each about 6" long). Slightly flatten each log. Make 6 logs if smaller cookies are desired.
- Bake in middle rack of preheated oven for 25 minutes (20 minutes for small loaves). Check close to end of time to prevent burning. Remove when slightly brown. If bottoms burn, scrape off with smallest side of a cheese grater.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. When still slightly warm, slice diagnolly into 3/4" slices with a serrated knife.
- Place the cookies, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheet & return to 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Looking for a light golden color.
- Remove from oven, cool on a rack. Store in covered container.
- Enjoy with your favorite coffee or a nice glass of wine!!