Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- eggs, well beaten
- 1 c
- stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- anise extract
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
How to Make Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl sift flour, baking pwder & salt.
- 3In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beaten eggs, melted butter, sugar & vanilla & anise extracts.
- 4Blend flour into bowl with egg mixture, beat on low speed until smooth. Add more flour if dough is too soft.
- 5Remove dough from bowl onto floured counter.
- 6Gently knead dough, add flour if it is still too soft to handle. Knead in walnuts and cranberries.
- 7Cut dough into 3 parts, put dough on ungreased cookie sheet & form into 3 log shapes (each about 6" long). Slightly flatten each log. Make 6 logs if smaller cookies are desired.
- 8Bake in middle rack of preheated oven for 25 minutes (20 minutes for small loaves). Check close to end of time to prevent burning. Remove when slightly brown. If bottoms burn, scrape off with smallest side of a cheese grater.
- 9Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. When still slightly warm, slice diagnolly into 3/4" slices with a serrated knife.
- 10Place the cookies, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheet & return to 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Looking for a light golden color.
- 11Remove from oven, cool on a rack. Store in covered container.
- 12Enjoy with your favorite coffee or a nice glass of wine!!