Cranberry Oatmeal Cheesecake Bars
Please note, in the first baking, you may want to cook the dough shorter or longer depending on how hot your oven is and how quickly the dough browns.
Enjoy these great cookie bars.
- 18 oz
- pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie roll
- 1 c
- old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 3 pkg
- 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- whole berry cranberry sauce (16 ounces)
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
How to Make Cranberry Oatmeal Cheesecake Bars
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, break up the cookie dough.
- 3Add two packages of the softened cream cheese to the cookie dough.
- 4Stir in the oats and brown sugar until crumbly.
- 5In an ungreased, 13x9-inch pan, press the dough mixture evenly to form the crust.
Note: At this point, you may have enough dough left over to fill another pan, although you may not have enough to fill another 13x9 pan; use accordingly in a different-sized pan.
- 6Bake the dough for 15-25 minutes or until a light golden brown (how long you bake the dough will depend on how hot your oven is). Watch the dough carefully so it doesn't get too brown.
DO NOT bake this dough until completely cooked.
- 7When the dough is lightly brown, remove it from the oven and let it cool a bit.
- 8Meanwhile, in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the remaining package of cream cheese with the flour, granulated sugar and eggs on medium speed until smooth.
- 9On the cooled, partially baked crust, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
Note: Save a little bit to mix with the cranberry sauce.
- 10Stir the little bit of cream cheese mixture with the whole cranberry sauce, breaking it up completely.
- 11Spoon the cranberry sauce over the cream cheese on top of the crust.
- 12Return the crust to the oven.
- 13Bake 23-28 minutes longer or until the edges are browned and the filling is set.
- 14Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack (approximately 90 minutes).
- 15Cut into bars and store the remaining cookie-bars, covered, in the refrigerator.