Cranberry Chocolate Chippers Cookies
- 1/2 c
- walnut halves, coarsely chopped and toasted*, then cooled
- 1 c
- plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8 Tbsp
- (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- orange zest (2 oranges needed)
- 1/4 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 c
- fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cranberry Chocolate Chippers Cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange zest and vanilla extract until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl.
On low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add the toasted walnuts, cranberries and chocolate chips and beat just until blended.
- 2Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons, 2- inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
(I like to use Parchment paper)
- 3Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and remove from oven. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for a few minutes then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
To toast walnuts, spread them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. Let the nuts cool on a plate.