- 1 c
- puffed rice cereal
- 1 c
- lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries, chopped
- 10 oz
- vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
- dash freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- dash ground cinnamon
- 1 oz
- semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp
- finely chopped cashews
How to Make Cranberry-Cashew Clusters
- 1Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside.
Place puffed rice cereal in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag.
Using a rolling pin, roll over bag to crush cereal lightly. In a large bowl combine crushed cereal, the 1 cup cashews, and the cranberries; set aside.
- 2In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave candy coating, nutmeg, and cinnamon, uncovered, on 100 percent power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until candy coating melts, stirring every 30 seconds.
Pour melted candy coating mixture over cereal mixture; stir until thoroughly combined.
- 3Quickly drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
Let clusters stand about 30 minutes or until firm. In a small saucepan heat chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth.
Drizzle clusters with melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with additional finely chopped cashews.
- 4To Store:
Layer clusters between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.