Cookie Mix Lemon Bars
1 pkgbetty crocker sugar cookie or oatmeal cookie mix, dry
1/2 cbutter (1 stick)
2 Tbsplemon zest, grated
2lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
1 can(s)non-fat sweetened condensed milk
How to Make Cookie Mix Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl cut the cold butter into the cookie mix with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the egg until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the greased pan and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until thick and combined.
- Spread lemon mixture over baked crust and evenly crumble remaining dough on the top.
- Bake another 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.