Cookie Mix Lemon Bars
- 1 pkg
- betty crocker sugar cookie or oatmeal cookie mix, dry
- 1/2 c
- butter (1 stick)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon zest, grated
- lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can(s)
- non-fat sweetened condensed milk
How to Make Cookie Mix Lemon Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with non stick spray.
- 2In a large bowl cut the cold butter into the cookie mix with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in the egg until the mixture is crumbly.
- 3Press half of the dough into the bottom of the greased pan and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until thick and combined.
- 5Spread lemon mixture over baked crust and evenly crumble remaining dough on the top.
- 6Bake another 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.