Coffee Crisps Cookies
- 4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- instant coffee crystals (or 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder)
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- instant coffee crystals, coarsely crushed (optional)
- 1/8 tsp
- instant coffee crystals or 1 dash espresso coffee
- 1 Tbsp
- whipping cream
- 1 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- whipping cream, enough additional to get a piping consistancy (1 to 2 tablespoons)
FOR THE COOKIES
How to Make Coffee Crisps Cookies
- 1Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set the cookie sheet aside.
- 2In a small bowl stir together water and coffee crystals or espresso coffee powder until dissolved; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Add sugar and salt, beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 5Add eggs and coffee mixture; beat until combined.
- 6Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- 7Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet; spread dough into 2-inch circles.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- 9Cool on cookie sheet set on a wire rack for 2 minutes.
- 10Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
When cookies are cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a very small round tip with Coffee Icing.
- 11Pipe icing onto cookies in a zigzag pattern. Or, thin icing with additional whipping cream to make icing of drizzling consistency; use fork tines to drizzle icing over cookies ( If desired, sprinkle with crushed coffee crystals. Makes about 20 cookies).
- 12COFFEE ICING:
- 13Stir together 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee crystals or dash of espresso coffee powder and 1 tablespoon whipping cream until coffee is dissolved.
- 14In a small mixing bowl stir together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, the coffee-cream mixture and enough additional whipping cream (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of piping consistency.