113 gbutter (1/2 cup)
1/2 tspvanilla essence
1/3 cchocolate chips or drops
1 1/2 cflour
1 Tbspcocoa powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1 tspcocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Put 5g (or a teaspoon) of the butter in a small microwavable bowl or cup with the chocolate.
- Beat remaining butter until it is creamy (soften in the microwave for 20 seconds if its hard). Add sugar slowly & cream together (about 3 minutes).
- Microwave the chocolate until soft or melted (about a minute) then beat into the butter sugar mix, followed by the egg & vanilla essence.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda & cream of tartar & beat to combine.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the extra sugar & cinnamon.
- Use a 1 Tablespoon measure to scoop out dough & roll into balls then roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mix to thoroughly coat.
Place balls on a lined baking sheet, 2" apart to allow for spreading.
Do not flatten.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes.
Leave to cool on the tray & they will firm up.