Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups
Miniature sugar cookie cups filled with a white chocolate peanut butter mousse and garnished with chocolate shavings. How yummy is that?
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbutter, at room temperature (not melted)
1 largeegg yolk (reserve whites for another recipe)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1 1/4 call-purpose white flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
1 c+ 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
5 ozcream cheese, softened
3/4 cwhite chocolate wonderful peanut butter
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 c+ 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, separated
·1 chocolate bar (i use hersheys)
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a miniature muffin tin.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk (must be a large egg yolk), vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients.
- If the dough is too wet, add more flour (a tablespoon at a time) until the dough pulls away from the sides.
- Roll balls of dough that will fill the miniature muffin tin 3/4ths the way full.
- Press into the muffin tin and slightly indent the center and press the dough up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove and press the centers down deeply with a teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and then gently twist the top until the cookie comes out.
- Let cool completely. (Put in the freezer if you want to serve these immediately)
- While the cookies are cooking, beat the heavy whipping cream and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar until soft peaks form and then set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the white chocolate peanut butter, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream gently.
- Transfer the mixture into a frosting bag that has been fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe the mousse into the sugar cookie cups.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings. Make the chocolate shavings by using a vegetable peeler to “peel” the chocolate bar.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.