Chocolate Fudge Tumbprints
Diane Hopson Smith
Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temperature
- 1 c
- 1 large
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- chocolate covered cherries, caramels, macaroon filling, rolo's, any thing you thing of to fill these cookies. let your imagination guide you.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Tumbprints
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Beat butter and sugar on a medium speed until light and fluffy; add egg and vanilla and mix well. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- 3Combine dry ingredient; whisk together.
- 4Reduce speed on mixer to low and gradually add dry ingredient; mix well. Dough will be stiff.
- 5Roll into 1-inch balls. You should be able to get 3 dozen. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press center of each ball with thumb to make indention. Fill cookies as desired.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.
Chocolate covered cherries: Indent the cookie before placing in the oven but wait until cookie is out of oven to place the chocolate covered cherry. The cookie will poof some, so use the back of a spoon to indent again after removing from oven then carefully place the candy on top. Once in place do not handle until it has cooled, you don't want the candy to open up and spill out the goodies.
MACAROON FILLING: I was baking macaroons at the same time I made this cookies so I used some of the raw macaroons to fill some of these cookies. Place 1 tsp on each cookie before placing in the oven. Chocolate Kissed Macaroons
TURTLE FILLING: A Rolo placed on cookie the last 2 minutes of baking time and then press a pecan half on top. I originally tired 1/2 of a caramel, however, once cooled the caramel was too hard and chewy. The rolo was perfect.
A candy kiss pressed on a warm cookie.
A tsp of a chocolate buttercream frosting sprinkled with crushed peppermint (after the cookie has cooled of course).
The options are endless. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.