Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweeten cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter,softened (1 stick--use real butter)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or almond, if you prefer)
- 2 jumbo eggs, or 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped finely (i use a food processor) note: use walnuts, almonds, hazelnut, or any kind you like)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, or dark regular chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Have ingredients at room temperature. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the finely chopped nuts and chocolate chips; mix together to combine.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, softened butter, and vanilla extract. Beat mixture until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 5Stir the flour mixture into the cream mixture; mixing until combined. Divide dough in half.
- 6Lay the dough on a slightly floured surface. With floured hands, shape dough into a log that will fit on your cookie sheet....10x2 or 13x2.5. Measurements doesn't have to be exact. Transfer the log onto the prepared baking sheet and shape it up a bit more. Repeat with other half of dough. Set logs 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- 11Store in a air tight container.